Friday, August 29, 2014

First Day of School

"The two greatest gifts you can give your children: One is the roots and the other is the wings."
I have to believe that in the almost 6 years that Evan was home with me that I gave him the "roots" and the foundation he needs to go out in the big world, a.k.a kindergarten.  The training and teaching and disciplining at home seemed hard but it is far harder to give the wings and let your child go. To give up some control. To trust that they will be okay without you. Evan can speak for himself, make his own decisions, and choose his own friends.  Evan had me hold his hand until he got to the second stair of the school bus then he let go. That was it! He was off and I just stood back and waived. I am so proud of Evan and his confidence and ability to adjust to a day full of structure. He is learning fast and is happy when he gets home. I know this is all part of growing up but it is hard for me to not have my baby in my nest all day long. I have given him the wings and he is doing great. I thank Jesus for holding his hand when I cannot. I am glad that God will always be with him and loves him dearly and is watching over him always. Evan is a smart and sweet boy. I am thankful for the years he was home with me and now that he is in school I look forward to greeting him everyday when he gets off the bus and all the more cherish the time we have together.  







No comments: