Thursday, February 26, 2015

Snow Day

Hello! It has been a while. The cold days of winter have been making things less busy on one hand but lots more crazy on the other. Evan has had many 2 hour delay starts and a number of full days of kindergarten canceled. Our Bible Study has been canceled. The gym has been closed. The roads are icy and it has been just bitter cold to even play in the yard. So, along with our normal activities being canceled and a restriction of all TV and electronics for the kids, we have some more time. That time tends to be filled with wrestling in the playroom, sinks flooded with water, cutting up paper into tiny pieces, baking, cooking and eating, and more baking and eating, princess dress fashion shows, library books, and a bit of cabin fever! Today was a 13 1/2 hour work day for me as a stay at home mom. My highlight was making cookies with the kids that had little snowflake candies inside. We made 4 plates up and delivered them to the neighbors. I long to make friends with the people that live closest to us. This was a tiny step to say hello and that we are thinking of them. It was super sweet to see the boys help deliver the cookies. We had a sweet response from each neighbor. My low was loosing my patience with them but thankfully they gave forgiveness when I asked for it! So, our house was busy with the energy of 3 young kids, my day was filled with dishes, crumbs, and wet snow clothes. But, best of all I got a day with my Evan, my Jake, my Siena! All day with my dear children. And hopefully they felt all the love overflowing from my heart, got some lessons on sibling kindness, and how to love a neighbor. It was a long snowy day. It was a special gift from God! Thank you wonderful Creator!





No comments: